ABOUT FUNNEL CAKES EXPRESS
We are passionate! Fun! And committed to offering the ultimate guest experience each and every time at our Funnel Cake events or in our restaurants. Established in 2005, Funnel Cake Express has been moving full speed ahead ever since. Yet to have a dull moment, we have been travelling to Ribfests, Carnivals, Concerts and Corporate Events, attending events from 1,000 guests to over two million guests. We have been serving thousands each year and Funnel Cake Express has grown to become a household name. We are known for serving the best funnel cakes in Ontario and take pride in our product as well as our commitment to the guest experience!
We are currently seeking a passionate Events and Franchising Coordinator to join Funnel Cakes Express.
This will be a very fast paced and well-rounded position, in exciting and fun environments!
- Lead all inside sales initiatives by timely follow up on all inquiries for private and corporate events and seek out new opportunities
- Coordinates Marketing and Social Media initiatives
- Supports the business at Trade Shows and other industry events
- Reviews sales and financial reports for FCE Events and Restaurant in collaboration with FCE Event Manager and Restaurant Manager/Supervisor
- Managing ongoing relationships with suppliers including placing and monitoring orders for events and restaurants
- Leads new location development and process in collaboration with FCE Event Manager and Restaurant Manager/Supervisor including but not limited to: seeking out locations, permit applications, inspections, purchasing equipment and supplies
- Create project plans which identifies and sequences the activities and tasks needed to successfully complete a project including approvals
- Review the project plan with all stakeholders affected by the project activities; revise the plan as required to ensure successful completion
- Undertake multiple projects at same time
- Monitor all budgeted project expenditures
- Develops business/legal documents in collaboration with business advisor, including but not limited to policy manuals, franchise agreements, training manuals.
- Involved in budget planning in collaboration with FCE Event Manager and Restaurant Manager/Supervisor
- Bookkeeping duties as required
- Lead the initial interview and vetting process for the restaurant, the events team and for potential Franchisees
- Perform basic administrative tasks (answering the phone, photocopying, mailing, filing, emails)
- Prepare correspondence, presentations, reports required for meetings
- The ideal candidate will be required and responsible to travel to public and private events, coordinate information with managers/staff and clients.
- 2-3 years relevant experience - Franchise experience an asset!
- Previous restaurant (fast food/quick serve) experience preferred
- Inside sales or phone sales experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player and able to work effectively in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Self-starter who is a quick learner, detail-oriented, organized, patient, and courteous
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Valid G license and vehicle
- Flexible schedule, especially on weekends during the summer months when events are in full demand