The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawartha’s. What sets us apart from all others is our service and our commitment to "Care" in everything we do.
The Gardens are looking for part time Cooks who will share in our passion for providing quality care and superior levels of service to our residents. As a Cook, we will rely upon you to provide our residents and visitors with high quality, nutritionally balanced meals. You will lead meal preparation and food service to residents while directing staff activities and adhering to department standards and company policies. You will manage your role efficiently while providing exemplary customer service with kindness and enthusiasm.
- Prepare food for residents following approved recipes and ensuring that portion control, temperature, and food presentation guidelines are adhered to
- Manage food preparation for special seasonal events and catering as required
- Consistently review residents’ regular and therapeutic diets, dietary restrictions, and food allergies and communicate such information to staff
- Maintain required records including menu changes, food orders, delivery receipts, temperature checks etc.
- Ensure appropriate communication occurs within and across departments
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Must have Safe Food Handlers certificate; chef training or a culinary management diploma preferred
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience in a hotel, restaurant, or institutional setting preferred
- Familiarity with therapeutic diets and nutritional standards for seniors an asset
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team
- Available to work varied shifts as assigned. Must have availability Monday through Friday as well as alternating weekends.
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation ; premiums available for papered Cooks
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted