Armstrong Top Pack Ltd./Top Line Farms located in Leamington has an immediate opening for:
FOOD SAFETY/COMPLIANCE ASSISTANT
This position will assist Food Safety and Quality Manager with the day to day requirements of the Food Safety Department of produce industry. The candidate will be monitoring food safety and quality procedures; ensuring proper documentation is being followed; skilled in problem solving as relates to food safety issues and assisting with compliance of HACCP and GMP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sample collecting for microbial testing
- Assist with enforcing food safety program and procedures, GMP policy, and personnel hygiene policies
- Verify and communicate to appropriate departments any findings as relate to food safety and/or quality issues.
- Report and assist with correcting any unsanitary conditions in the warehouse
- Help develop, maintain, and update all records, manuals, training procedures, product specification books as per food safety and quality control
- Monitor and maintain documents from approved supplier
- Assist with preparation for any and all food safety audits
- Monitor cleanliness and sanitation of warehouse
- Perform other duties as required by Management.
- Must be proficient in English reading and writing
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in food safety and quality control in a produce facility
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be familiar with HACCP, GMPs and food regulations
- HACCP certificate preferred
- Must be flexible with work hours and able to work weekends and holidays when required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to perform basic computer tasks including MS Office
Job Type: Full-time