Responsibilities will and may include:
- Perform related duties assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Bottom Maintenance (i.e. stripping, sanding, peeling, painting, rudder repair, etc.)
- Prep and painting/repainting of full or partial deck and/or hull with epoxy primers and polyurethane paints using conventional and spray application.
- Color and gel-coat restoration and matching.
- Custom structural glass work and modifications (includes interior bulkhead relocations, repairs/replacements, cosmetic faring, deck and hull modifications.
- Use of molds for fabrication and repair.
- Use of epoxies and polyester resins.
- Maintain updated knowledge of products, industry trends and methods.
- Enjoyment in working with composite materials
- Concern for safety
- Knowledge of composite construction
- Aptitude for mathematics and science
- Background in fiberglass and gel coat
- Good eyesight and hand-eye coordination
- Creativity and a logical approach to problem-solving
- Physical strength and endurance, ability to lift a min of 50lbs
- Ability to understand blueprints and specifications
- Knowledge about various types of composite application and materials
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers politely
- Interest in the latest technology
Technical Requirements (software or program knowledge needed)
- Microsoft Office & Outlook knowledge is an asset.