Neptunus Yachts is seeking experienced cabinet makers and woodworking specialists who are interested in the unique challenges and rewards of semi-custom yacht building.
Located in St. Catharines, Ontario, Neptunus Yachts proudly produces multi-million dollar luxury motor yachts from 55’ to 75’ in length. Each yacht is customized to the individual client, with specialized construction methods constantly being developed and refined to provide the highest quality product possible.
All varieties of woodworking methods are utilized in house, from custom tool making for curved panels and vacuum bagging to solid lumber mouldings finished in custom router profiles and configurations.
If you are excited about the possibility of becoming part of the Neptunus Yachts team, we invite you to review the position details further and submit an application to join our expanding workforce. Various levels of experience are welcomed, and we encourage you to share photos of your past/present work when applying.
To see the cabinetry and millwork you could be involved in producing, visit our website: www.NeptunusYachts.com
As a Neptunus Yachts Carpenter, you will be expected to:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and instructions for various fabrications, products, and installations
- Build and install a variety of custom furniture, cabinetry, doors/frames and other carpentry items along with related hardware, etc.
- Maintain and continually update knowledge of products used, specified designs, established construction methods and general industry trends
- Understand mathematics and science required for product design and construction
- Demonstrate creativity and a logical approach to problem-solving, including assessing and suggesting improvements to production methods/techniques
- Maintain extensive knowledge of various types of wood, production materials, woodworking tools/machinery and related service/maintenance
- Effectively and efficiently work independently and also as a member of a team
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with co-workers and management
- Report to management on project status, obstacles/challenges and suggest solutions
- Ensure superior quality of executed work and report all concerns/non-conformities
- Exercise safety precautions and evaluate risks
Minimum requirements of this position are:
- Experience in carpentry
- Motivated and enjoy working with wood
- Familiar with basic woodworking tools and materials
- Able to read and interpret basic blueprints/drawings
- Creative thinker and able to take a logical approach to problem solving
- Aptitude for fundamental mathematics and science
- Good eyesight and hand-eye coordination
- Possess endurance and the physical strength to lift 50 lbs
- Effectively communicate with others
- Awareness and concern for personal safety and the safety of others
- Consistent and very high attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable