“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting….. or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so !”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line. The recruiter in charge of this role is Judith.
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our well-established printing and consulting industry clients is looking for a Mailroom Operator
Length: Contract term is 12 Months with a possibility of an extension
Location: Toronto, ON
- Manage and track packages through local delivery services.
- Perform electronic mail distribution.
- Perform bar code address lookup and quality review.
- Contact recipients regarding mail availability and services.
- Barcode tracking or face scanning incoming mail and packages.
- May perform basic reprographic services.
- Troubleshoot and maintain mailroom equipment.
- Monitor and manage supplies inventory mail and distribution activities.
- Provide mailing address cleanup services.
- Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping
- Prepare bills of lading customs forms, invoices and other shipping documents manually or by computer.
- Assemble containers and crates, record contents manually or in computer system
pack goods to be shipped and affix information and shipping instructions.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices and other documents
record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack code and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain internal manual or computerized record-keeping systems.
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load unload
transport and store goods.
- Ability to use PC technology and courier shipping systems
- Maintenance of company’s standards for site appearance and customer requirements.
- Perform mailroom duties including receive, sort and delivery of mail and courier.
- Perform shipping and receiving duties.
- Able to work flexible work schedules as required by our Customer.
- Maintain high Customer Satisfaction levels.
- Adherence to customer requirements regarding day to day operations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer satisfaction through diplomatic handling of customer complaints changes in priority.
- Use intermediate equipment features/functions such as binding, image shift
and image quality.
- Ability to operate all mail and fax equipment including finishing equipment
inserters postage meters, envelope printers, scales, Pitney Bowes Mail Management systems, Fed Ex shipping systems.
- Use interpersonal skills effectively with team members, customers and third party.
- Developing knowledge of all site service offerings.
- Understands and can handle international mail requirements.
- Excellent Customer Service/Satisfaction skills.
- Can demonstrate telephone etiquette and standards with customers.
- Proven ability to complete numerous tasks simultaneously in order to meet customer requirements
- Ability to work independently
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to read, write and follow basic English instructions.
- Basic math skills (to add and subtract basic multiplication)
- Read simple job ticket and understands steps required in workflow.
- Use basic functions of mail and fax equipment such as completing simple print jobs, faxing, fax to internet, scan to internet, and scan to email.
- May operate hand truck or other equipment to load
unload transport and store goods.
- Minimum: High School Education
- Minimum: 1-2 years of mailroom and automated equipment experience. Driver's license may be required.
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !