We are a fast growing temporary and permanent placement agency who is currently looking for a Line/ Breakfast Cook for a Restaurant Located in the Vaughan Area.
Our client is currently accepting applications from dynamic and hospitality-minded people. Guaranteed to have fun and to work in a positive and friendly environment.
Line Cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
Type of Shift
- Monday thru Friday, Holidays and Weekends
- Early Mornings, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Food preparation and cooking (eggs, meats, toast, sandwiches)
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Preparing fresh made to order meals in a timely manner
- Safe food handling practices
- Daily & weekly prep as needed
- Occasional heavy lifting
- Daily cleaning duties to maintain a high level of restaurant cleanliness
- Being a team player that works well with others
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience as a short order breakfast cook an asset
- Proven experience as prep/line cook preferred but will train
- Quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school an asset
Pay Rate and Incentives
- $14.00 - $16.00 per hour, based on experience
- Tip Out Incentive after Probation Period
Successful candidates must be able to work well under pressure, work as team and have a positive attitude. If you are mature, reliable, have excellent communication skills we want to hear from you.
If you are prepared to work in an exciting new opportunity please send in your resume or call today 416-748-3982 for more information.