About Funnel Cakes Express
Established in 2005, Funnel Cake Express has been moving full speed ahead ever since. Yet to have a dull moment, we have been travelling to Ribfests, Carnivals, Concerts and Corporate Events, attending events from 1,000 guests to over one million guests. We have been serving thousands each year and Funnel Cake Express has grown to become a household name. We are known for serving the best funnel cakes in Ontario and take pride in our product.
We are currently seeking a Restaurant and Events Manager for our Funnel Cakes Express Restaurant, located in downtown Toronto.
This will be a very fast paced and well rounded position, in exciting and fun environments. The ideal candidate will be required and responsible to travel to public and private events, set up and tear down of the event and able to work weekends.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Purchasing supplies and products for events and restaurant
- Managing all aspects of events (organizing staff, scheduling, prepare product, ensuring events run smoothly, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- When preparing for events coordinate with Lead Supervisor on what is to be prepared
- Can multitask and handle responsibility
- Report all issues and challenges to direct supervisor
- Previous restaurant experience (fast food preferred)
- Previous management experience
- Valid G license and vehicle
- Must be comfortable driving a food truck (Approx. 25 Feet) to various locations and events
- Flexible schedule, mostly weekends and summer months
Please submit your resume via email.
We thank you all for your interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.