CalaCare is growing and looking for skilled professionals who are passionate about quality care in the community. We are innovative in everything that we do and are striving to drive change in the community care sector through exceptional service and state of the art technology.
We work hard everyday to provide practical solutions that promote independence and dignity at home for seniors and those living with life-limiting conditions, while providing worried families with peace of mind through our reliable services.
We believe we can bridge the gaps that exist in the community care sector through flexible, customized, client-centered home health care services.
If you are tired of not having enough time to care for your clients, you genuinely care, and love working in an autonomous environment then this could be the job for you!
The Nurse on-call provides reliable overnight support to clients and caregivers. The nurse on-call provides telephone support from home, but is also willing and able to attend shifts for last minute service requests or sick calls to ensure continuity of care for our clients.
- Answers the telephone between 11pm-9am on scheduled nights
- Attends shifts to cover last minute service requests or sick calls
- Responds promptly to client questions
- Provides health care system navigation assistance and coaching for clients and their families
- Provides clinical support for field staff as necessary
- Demonstrates clinical expertise by applying theory and knowledge of community nursing practice and acts as a resource to staff
- Provides assessment, support and problem solving strategies focused on the achievement of quality outcomes for the client.
- Ensures implementation and adherence to all contract requirements.
- Responds to questions from front-line staff via phone
CHARACTERISTICS that fit with the CalaCare culture:
- Must be passionate about going above and beyond for their clients. We are not just here to do a job, we are here to change lives, one person at a time
- Someone who sees solutions, not problems and is aligned with our culture of always saying YES first
- Must be responsive by email and comfortable using mobile technology and Microsoft outlook
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude. Life is too short to live any other way!
- Must be licensed to practice as a Registered Practical Nurse in the province of Ontario
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience.
- Palliative care and community nursing experience is a definite asset.
- Up to Date CPR/First Aid
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle, with a willingness to travel within the GTA
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Up to date immunizations
- Three references
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.