Our success has come from providing superior service through highly motivated people. At VitalAire you will have a job that has IMPACT.
VitalAire is a leader in home oxygen therapy, CPAP sleep therapy programs, medical gases, respiratory products, and services from coast to coast. Over 40+ years of experience, 100 locations, 950 employees and accreditation status with Accreditation Canada assures quality programs and unsurpassed service.
VitalAire is a part of the Air Liquide Group which has over 65,000 employees worldwide in 80 countries and has been an international leader in medical gases and respiratory services markets for over 40 years. www.vitalaire.com
Looking for a Challenge?
VitalAire is seeking exceptional talent to join in our commitment to making VitalAire an even better place to work. If you are looking for somewhere you can assist in driving positive change and would like to help move VitalAire one step closer to being an employer of choice – look no further. We have Competitive Spirit and We Play to Win. Opportunities for growth and recognition are available at all levels for those people who are engaged and committed to accelerating positive results.
Advantages of working for VitalAire?
- Competitive salary, vacation and performance based pay increases
- Competitive benefit package & company RRSP contributions
- Standard working hours for better work/life balance
- Tuition reimbursement & Career Development programs
- Employment Assistance Program
- Successful and stable, industry leader
Are you ready to get on-board?
We are actively recruiting a highly energetic and motivated full-time Clinical Consultant for our St. Catharine’s, ON location. This role, in this capacity, is to educate and provide quality healthcare services to our homecare and institutional clients. This includes initiating prescribed CPAP & Oxygen therapy, performing assessments, educating clients in the use and knowledge of equipment, and conducting follow-up service to ensure equipment performance and client compliance.
- Meets client's goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting a full respiratory assessment; assessing and evaluating test results; delivering of equipment and supplies as required; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and care teams as per prescription. Identifying any discrepancies with respiratory therapy treatments and bringing them to the attention of the care team.
- Initiates CPAP or BILEVEL treatment when prescribed, providing patient education, instructions of use and cleaning of their equipment. Provides “best fit” facial interface for long term CPAP or BILEVEL treatment. Provides appropriate follow-up to Clients to evaluate effects of treatment plan, comfort of Client when using treatment and addresses compliance with therapy.
- Ensures quality documentation through completion of all company documentation and forms (both digital and non-electronic); Obtains informed consent in order to initiate therapy.
- Facilitates payment by preparation of funding documents, and maintaining knowledge of funding programs. Maintains client confidence and protects VitalAire operations by keeping information confidential. Protects clients and employees by adhering to safety and infection control policies and protocols.
- Assists clients in improving quality of life through aerosol therapy, home oxygen, CPAP therapy and other respiratory services as regulated by provincial bodies.
- Contributes to the growth of VitalAire by liaising with medical professionals; providing information/ literature to prospective clients; providing demonstration/education of products and services to prospective clients. Provides student instruction, supervision and evaluation when necessary.
- Where applicable, follows VitalAire corporate vehicle policy.
- Registered RT (preferred) and/or Registered Nurse
- Licensed to practice with the provincial governing body
- Strong cardio-respiratory assessment skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Previous experience in healthcare field an asset
- Fluent in written and spoken English (or French if required)
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
VitalAire provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.