Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the position’s incumbent will be responsible for analyzing the rental contracts and prepare the list of equipment including substitutions and sub-rentals necessary for the events.
- Using the list of equipment required for the different projects, verify their availability in the inventory system;
- Proceed with the data entry of equipment lists in the computerized inventory system, according to the event’s planned date;
- When the equipment is not available, analyze possible substitutes with the representative or with the client’s responsible Technical Director, carry out the research and provide an estimate of the sub-rental prices;
- Carry out the sub-rental requests and/or necessary purchases for his department’s events;
- Act as the contact person for the teams working on the ground concerning the technical aspect of the equipment;
- In collaboration with the responsible person for the returns, ensure follow up of sub-rental equipment returns within the best possible delays;
- In collaboration with the Transport Department Coordinator, replace the equipment in case of failure during the event and coordinate the delivery;
- In collaboration with the Department’s Supervisor, coordinate the projects’ delivery calendar and the equipment maintenance processes;
- Carry out any other related and necessary tasks in the course of his work.
- College degree in audiovisual, technical internships or any other relevant training.
- Have 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar position and/or as a Senior Technician in lighting.
- Knowledge of inventory management;
- Ability to carry out administrative tasks;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, etc.)
- Knowledge of the R2 system (an asset);
- Master both official languages, both oral and written;
- Open to traveling during events;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Communication skills with the different intervenants of the company and the productions;
- Ability to solve issues, anticipate problems and find efficient solutions while respecting the company's operational policies and processes;
- Well-developed sense of organisation;
- Autonomy and sense of responsibility;
- Team work oriented and cooperation spirit;
- Good priority management, respect of deadlines and tight schedules;
- Ability to work under pressure and capacity to adapt to change.