CalaCare is growing and looking for skilled professionals who are passionate about quality care in the community. We are innovative in everything that we do and are striving to drive change in the community care sector through exceptional service and state of the art technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable Personal Support Worker/Registered Practical Nurse! New RPN grads are welcome to gain experience in the PSW role and work towards independent nursing practice. Casual/PT positions available, hours are flexible based on applicants availability.
Willingness to travel is a strong asset, as we have clients all throughout the GTA (Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, Brampton, etc).
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Medication administration by all routes (esp. injection and CADD pumps)
- Assistance with feeding (g-tube, ng tube)
- Communication with family members and health care team
- Measuring vital signs
- Knowledge of safe use of hoyer lifts and other assistive devices
- Knowledge of the palliative approach to care
CHARACTERISTICS that fit with the CalaCare culture:
- Must be passionate about going above and beyond for their clients. We are not just here to do a job, we are here to change lives, one person at a time
- Someone who sees solutions, not problems and is aligned with our culture of always saying YES first
- Must be responsive by email and comfortable using mobile technology and Microsoft outlook
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude. Life is too short to live any other way!
- PSW Certificate or Practical Nursing Diploma
- Up to Date CPR/First Aid
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle, with a willingness to travel within the GTA
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Up to date immunizations
- Three references
- Open Availability
Please submit a cover letter and resume including your availability. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.