Function Specific Activities:
The franchise manager role is accountable for developing the channel picture of success and merchandising standards in a clear, executable manner for each of our categories and channels. The role works collaboratively with various functions including Category Commercial Teams, Bottler Commercial Teams and Franchise Team.
- Portfolio Standards Management: Leads and defines the annual Picture of Success, Looks of Success and Merchandising Standards by category and channel (Conventional Grocery, Discount, Mass, Club, Drug, Convenience Retail, Food Service On-Premise channels); integrates multicultural initiatives and region-specific activation guidelines
- Business Planning Support:
- Innovation Support: Inputs into Innovation AMPS and forecasting assumptions (working with Commercial Teams and OU teams)
- Supports and gains alignment to the annual commercial calendar with the bottler commercial team
- Helps manages the annual franchise Look of Success Budget and tool requirements, recommends actions & investments required to deliver the annual commercial plan
- Identify opportunities to test and implement new standards, included but not limited to, portfolio and regional displays and activations.
- Supports the development of a Cold Drink Equipment Strategy
- System Routines
- Supports the Execution of the Annual System Leadership Meeting (SLM)
- Supports the development and tracking of the Annual “Market Street Challenge” Commercial Execution Challenge
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years Coca-Cola System / direct bottler experience (channel, commercial, sales, category management experience a plus)
- Solid Understanding of Bottler Operations and space management
- Strong Track Record in Delivering Results
- Distribution Channels: Knowledge of specific channels of distribution where The Company's beverages are sold, including competitive set, target consumers and key trends. Includes knowledge of and ability to use information in the identification of new opportunities that are aligned with business objectives.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Annual Business Planning -Ability to build an annual business plan including operations, commercial and retail / channel / brand / package / price/ occasion
- Forecasting Annual Plan and Key Innovations
- Driving System Alignment against priorities and Collaborating for Value
- Commercial Capabilities including “Picture of Success”
- Analytical Strengths to assess and track performance, owning Performance Scorecard / Shared Metrics
- External Environment Understanding: ability to understand market and competitive environment opportunities
- Financial Acumen - Understand system economics (company, bottler, retailer, supplier); Using financial / economic analysis to influence bottler actions
- Pricing - how it impacts volume, revenue, margin, market coherency, etc.
- Ability to steward the plan - flexible enough to build and execute contingencies
- Building Solid Business Recommendations & Driving system alignment
- Proven Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrates a Growth Mindset
Requirements: University/Bachelor's degree; Experience preferably in consumer goods; sales, bottler, field sales experience
Travel Requirements: 5-10% of the time
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.