Function Specific Activities:
The Category Commercial Manager's main purpose is to support the achievement of the annual category business plan through the development of commercially viable plans that are relevant across channels (National Retail Sales, Food Service On-Premise and Local Customers). The category commercial manager will work in close collaboration with Brand, Knowledge & Insights, Sales and Franchise with key responsibilities including:
- The development of the Annual Category Commercial Plan
- Effectively builds compelling sales stories for our categories & brand
- Supports the development, execution and tracking of our Innovation Pipeline
Annual Category Business Planning
- In collaboration with the brand teams, drive alignment and tracking of the annual category sources of growth
- Identifies category opportunities to complement existing BP or generate new business opportunities (BP+) through knowledge and connections of the category, channel, the customer and competitive environment
- Commercializes select category or channel initiatives (as required)
- Develops compelling customer sales story for the category, operating decks and sell sheets; facilitates the review of upcoming launches and initiatives with the selling organization
Develops Innovations AMPS
- Leads Innovation AMPS (Availability-Merchandising-Pricing-Space) recommendation in partnership with brand, sales and commercial team
- Completes post evaluations of key commercial innovations including comprehensive summary of learnings and actions as required
- 5+ years experience in brand marketing, sales, commercial or category management within the Coca-Cola system
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders, including brand & sales teams.
- Strong influencing skills to gain alignment between differing vantage points.
- Strong communication skills, including development of compelling customer selling material and delivering internal presentations.
- Experience within brand marketing role (understands the translation of consumer insights to strategy and commercial activities) and/ or customer facing role (understands selling process, customer motivations and executional considerations).
- Solid financial acumen including ability to analyze data, value chains and translate key drivers.
- Strong analytical skills, experience working with internal and external market data (such as Nielsen) and proficiency with computer application
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience preferably in the consumer goods; brand/sales/category management experience.
Travel Requirements: 5 - 10% of the time
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.