The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying, documenting and presenting effective solutions to business problems and opportunities to the project sponsor and to ensure business readiness within the stakeholder’s areas. The Business Analyst works closely with the business units to capture the business objectives, develop strategies, create business cases, define business needs, and assess impacts to operations. The Business Analyst supports the Project Manager in the definition of activities, schedule, resources, issues and risk management from inception to implementation.
- Analyze the business impact of product, system or regulatory changes, and identify where business processes or policies and procedures will require change
- Identify and assist in the implementation of the new business process flows and identify opportunities for improvement
- Clearly define, assess and document business problems, limitations, new high level requirements, and ensure agreement by all stakeholders.
- Support and facilitate stakeholder decision making.
- Develop business implementation plans with all impacted business units
- Organize and coordinate deliverables across different work groups, including IT and business partners. Manage handoffs and effective transition of work packages to achieve deadlines.
- Work with business units to identify change management activities and training requirements
- More than 3 years of business analyst experience. Financial industry knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Post secondary degree /diploma in a relevant business discipline.
- Six Sigma certification (black belt preferred)
- Understanding of process analysis, evaluations and implementation of process improvements.
- Demonstrated analytical ability with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Strong written and oral communication, ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio.