Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Using innovative operational theory, tools and techniques, the Field team ensures that the right technician with the right skill set arrives at our residential and business customer’s premises on time, every time. We are committed to ensure that Bell's network, products and services are of the highest standard. The Field Services team thrives on providing installation and repair services for business and residential customers using the latest technology, including Fibre, Optical Ethernet, IPVPN.
The Field Service Business Intelligence team resides within Field Services and is responsible for developing, maintaining and using data to drive insights on the customer experience and field productivity. The team consists of business analysts for analyzing data, developers for sourcing and maintaining data and programmers for presenting the data in dashboards and other reports. Our team partners closely with other Business Intelligence teams within the company and supports our field frontline and support teams with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business.
We are looking for a Specialist with experience in Business Intelligence and the field installation and repair processes to develop and implement the evolution of the analytics and reporting capabilities of the Field Services team. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to implement the latest practices in advanced analytics, data modeling, data visualization and enabling all Field Services team members to have faster and more insightful access to the drivers of their operations.
If you have the desire to work in a fast paced environment, on a strong technical team while using the latest analytical platforms and tools, then the Field Service Business Intelligence team is the place to be.
- Perform extensive statistical analysis to seek for quantified opportunities for improvement of our operational processes that meet business needs and requirements.
- Review business processes, perform analysis, uncovering areas for improvement, documenting, communicating results and ensuring that data feed for reports are accurate.
- Highly organized and creative thinker with the proven ability to manage multiple assignments, prioritize workload and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written) with the ability to get things done by influence.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; able to effectively communicate issues, actively engage and influence and work collaboratively as a team member
- Ability to interpret and present results (both written and verbal) in an engaging, meaningful ways. Build compelling presentation to graphically explain issues and opportunities.
- Identify data sources and how to join them, to gather info from many sources. The ability to build code and computation algorithms to translate raw data into meaningful metrics.
- You have a Bachelors or Master’s degree, in a discipline such as: Business Intelligence, applied math, applied science and engineering, economics and econometrics, management science and operations research, or related area like advanced computing or data science discipline
- Knowledge of Field Dispatching and Scheduling systems (FWFM, Click, etc.) is an asset
- Knowledge of order management and ticketing systems such as OrderMax, BCRIS, Tapestry/SIMPLe, CSG/MultiVu, ACUT, TIM, iPACT is an asset
- Technology expertise in one or more of the following:
- Query development in SQL and SAS
- Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, Oracle, etc.
- R, Python, MATLAB, C/C++, Java
- OLAP cube analysis and development in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Suite
- Reporting and data visualization tools such as Microsoft Reporting Services, Microstrategy and Tableau
- Design and deploy robust and effective descriptive and predictive statistical and machine learning models is an asset
- You are a highly analytical and logical individual, have the ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data to build strategies and make recommendations, have an agile mindset and a curiosity to understand “how things work”
- You have knowledge of, and experience with, using data to derive insights both through data science/ machine learning techniques (linear regression, clustering, logistics regression, etc.) and through visualization methods
- Experience transforming business practices into advanced analytics projects
- You have the ability to work with a team towards common goals
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)