Operations Supervisor - Calgary
As Canada's leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES CANADA is committed to service excellence and the highest standards attainable. We are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to work from our Calgary office.
This position is responsible for proactively coordinating and developing all operational aspects of all show site operations which is inclusive of Decorating, E&D and Freight. Deliver the highest level of hassle-free customer service in the most efficient manner possible. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Manage assigned show to ensure direct costs are at or below plan.
- Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Able to supervise crew while assisting with install at events as well as able and prepared to work alone on installations/dismantles when required.
- Proactively develop plans for assigned show portfolio to ensure planned labour and show margins are exceeded.
- Ensure proper billing practices and proper documentation of materials, labour, and rental equipment is performed to ensure accurate invoicing, for the purpose of capturing all revenue.
- Exceed client's expectations on service delivery levels.
- Provide leadership of the assigned operational show team for the purpose of developing Productivity Improvement Plans, Service Plans, and the clear documentation of process improvement
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of disciplinary actions.
- Maintain the highest level of Safety Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure damage and loss reports are documented in adherence with company practices.
- Coordinate activities with the facility representatives.
- Review and approve all staffing plans on assigned shows to ensure they are in alignment with the show budget and service requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Outlook
- Motor Vehicle license
- Forklift certification an asset (will train)
- Able to lift up to fifty (50)
- Strong customer service focus with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, reliable, team player
- Experience in the trade show industry considered an asset
- Able to work flexible hours, evenings, overtime and weekends as required
- Able to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Interested applicants may submit their resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.