The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation (THCF) is committed to serving youth from low-income families living in Tim Hortons’ communities across Canada and the United States. Through repeated camp visits and at-home application of newfound skills, our program builds strengths that help youth thrive at school, succeed in their future workplaces and become positive, contributing members of their communities.
We’re looking for a full-time, permanent…
This role is based out of the Foundation’s Home Office in St. George, Ontario, also home to one of our seven camps – Tim Horton Onondaga Farms (THOF). The site contains over 400 acres of picturesque farmland, surrounded by rolling hills and protected wetlands.
What would you be doing?
- Developing social media content and other communication materials such as newsletters and our annual Gratitude Report
- Leading THCF website content management and monitoring all THCF social and traditional media and managing concerns as they arise
- Developing and maintaining an accessible database/library of current images and materials
- Managing storage and archiving of historical THCF communications and documentation
- Acting cross-functionally across the THCF to support communication and marketing efforts, including Tim Horton Camp Day and other significant special events
- Ensuring policies related to photo consent, trademark and logo usage and copyright compliance are in place, current and continually updated
- Responding to general inquiries from the public, drafting letters and memos for circulation, reviewing documents prior to publication, and serving as contact for general inquiries as required
Does this sound like you?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent experience
- Public relations and/or, marketing experience considered an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English – oral and written) considered a strong asset
- Proven experience with creating compelling social media content, monitoring and managing social media assets
- Graphic design experience an asset
- Proven project management skills
- Strong presentation development skills
- Experience developing promotional literature
- Knowledge of the camping and outdoor environmental education field an asset
- Strong time management and organizational skills along with superior written and oral communication skills
- Experience and capability using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Ability to travel throughout Canada and the US as required (less than 5%)
Get your application in by: February 2, 2018