This role is responsible for maintaining MB Canada’s competitive position by compiling relative market data and participating in the design and development of compensation programs and processes, ensuring proper administration, communication and compliance to corporate compensation policies and procedures, as well as developing management and employee communications on all compensation plans and programs.
As the main point of contact on all compensation related matters to Executive team, Senior Management/Manager/Supervisors, this role is responsible for providing consultation and advice, as well as preparing ad-hoc reports, projects and providing insight on pay topics.
This role is also responsible for HR reporting both locally and to Daimler AG.
- Responsible for managing and administering the annual and quarterly bonus programs as well as the annual merit process for all employees including Executives. Responsible for developing employee and management communications regarding compensation topics and changes. Provides recommendations to the Director, H.R. regarding the design of compensation programs and policies based on market data, surveys and best practices. Ensures that compensation programs are aligned with business strategies.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual salary merit budget, modelling different scenarios and providing recommendations to the Director, H.R. and Senior Management. Ensure incentive pools and pay spend align with appropriate performance levels for all employee groups and align with budgets determined by Daimler AG. Collaborate with Controlling Department throughout the year to provide reporting and initiate adjustments to plan based on restructuring and other various changes.
- Ensures that compensation goals are achieved and MB Canada remains and favourable competitive position by participating and purchasing appropriate salary surveys, preparing statistical analysis of market data and charts to support recommendations for band ranges and market reference points. Ensure compliance with Daimler’s corporate compensation policies, federal and provincial legislation and other Mercedes-Benz Canada policies.
- Responsible for local reporting as well as reporting to Daimler AG (Germany). Local Reporting: Employee headcount reporting, casual employee reporting, ad-hoc reports as requested by Controlling, Operations, Director, H.R. etc. Reporting to Daimler AG (Germany): EA (Expected Actuals) 1/EA2/OP (Operative) Headcount Planning & Monthly headcount reporting. Main point of contact for any headcount or salary related issues from Daimler AG.
- Manage job evaluation process and administration of salary structure, job scale etc. Conduct job evaluations, determine pay grades, and make recommendations relating to employee salaries.
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects/analysis for Director, H.R.
- Manage employee programs including tuition reimbursement, boot allowance, tool allowance etc.
- Education: University degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics or Human Resources
- Experience: 3-5 years work experiences in Human Resources, particularly in compensation
- Professional Certification: Working towards CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) preferred
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS and MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledge of job evaluation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted