The position serves as a reporting, analysis, and coordination function for the retail group. As the retail group is organized in regions with their own regional controlling, the focus is on a consolidated view and the comparison and alignment of the regions on a standardized level.
- Represent the company with a high level of professionalism and courtesy. Follow company standards of personal presentation; and adhere to all Mercedes-Benz Canada and Daimler policies including compliance, and integrity standards. Comply with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road, and health and safety
- Planning of group-wide retail, based on regional plans within operative planning and expected actuals
- Prepare monthly reporting for Own Retail
- Analyze retail results on an ongoing basis compared against the plan
- Discover root cause of poor/exceptional performance on a monthly basis for presentation to Management
- Align regions (support benchmarking) together with regional controllers and retail strategy department
- Maintain OLAP database for retail reporting
- Update planning and provide commentary on a monthly basis for submission to HQ
- Work with National Sales, After Sales, Pre-Owned, HR and HQ to gather yearly premises and present to Regions for the creation of the budget
- Create RoS, EbIT and Overheads targets for the Regions
- Analyze yearly budget submissions by regions for reasonability and identify opportunities and savings
- Negotiate the implementation of opportunities and savings with the regions in the OP budget
- Consolidate Regional Budgets for submission to HQ (OP, EA1, EA2)
- Present consolidated budget to CEO, CFO, and Regional Controlling teams.
- Provide HQ with commentary on budget submissions, along with any additional documentation/explanations required to backup that submission
- Upload yearly budgets into ALEA and SWT on a Store by Store basis
- Create reporting and analytical tools which assist in better decision making for Regional Controlling and Management
- Provide assistance to Regional Controlling when analyzing new projects and ventures
- Complete Ad Hoc reports pertaining to Own Retail financial performance
- Provide retail finance data and support to various departments, such as IT, BCE, Network Development, MBFS
- Take on special projects assigned by CFO to identify areas of opportunities within the organization
- University degree or College Diploma in Accounting and registered or working towards an Accounting designation)
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Accounting/Controlling, ideally within the retail industry
- Expert skills in Excel and proficiency with Online Analytical Processing
- Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent analytical and research skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of IMPACT, PLATFORM, SWT (SAP), DiscoPlus, and ALEA systems
Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.