To safely and effectively perform the weight and balance and operations functions in conformance with aircraft and airline specifications, limitations, safety procedures and standards, for the Operations Department
- Flight pre-planning, and post flight, seats, baggage and cargo utilization
- Plan loading based on required ULD’s, cargo, baggage and passenger distribution.
- Oversee all weight and balance duties
- Monitor weight maximums (ZFW/TOW/LDW) and center of gravity throughout the flight.
- Liaise with various divisions such as ramp, cargo, passenger, catering, government agencies, etc. to collate data and to inform them of airlines standards and procedures
Collect and present all documentation required by carrier before flight departure
Communicate all information required by operating crew as well collaborate in maximizing load capacity with them
Dispatch all messages as required during, pre and post flight (during as well)
Compile and deliver flight documentations as required by customer
Training, coaching developing employee skills
Communicate with customers, airport authorities and vendors
Send messages using designated formats (Avinet)
Practice all safety procedures applicable to the department.
Other duties that may be assigned in relation to flight operations
Qualifications and Competencies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
- Minimum six months experience
- Knowledge of weight and balance an asset
- Experience with Airport Operations an asset
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Internal and external customer relations skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays