ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Full-Time Position)
As Canada's leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES Canada is committed to service excellence and the highest standards attainable. We are currently seeking an Account Coordinator to assist in the reliable execution of GES live events. The position will be initially based at GES’ office in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, but the incumbent should expect to relocate to our Mississauga office, or other offices within the GTA.
The Account Coordinator is responsible for completing the necessary processes/duties to ensure GES Canada processes all customer orders in a timely manner, which results in exceptional delivery of services and products. This position works independently on smaller events, and directly supports Senior Account Managers on larger events.
- Work closely with the MTCC and our facility partners to provide customer services that exceed expectations.
- Perform the pre-event customer care function, handling both MTCC and GES clients, providing updates on event progress.
- Communicate with clients to secure all pertinent information relating to their orders.
- Identify client’s needs and vital timelines. Troubleshoot and resolve client’s issues.
- Work closely with outside suppliers when their services are required to complete an order.
- Assist in the timely preparation and processing of accounts for billing and collection purposes.
- Perform administrative functions, (i.e. reception, attending various facility/department meetings, preparing quotes, maintaining files.
- Assist Account Managers on various projects, where necessary. Track and report on monthly budgets.
- Perform other duties, deemed necessary, by the Account Manager, which may be in other GES departments, including the McLaughlin Road facility.
Skills / Competencies
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- The ability to manage their work environment and influence client requirements, while ensuring profitable event execution for GES. Strong customer & service focus.
- The ability to multi-task while juggling conflicting priorities. Deadline and goal focused.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and current productivity enhancers.
- Organized, reliable, team player, flexible.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, evenings and extended hours as needed.
- Experience within the tradeshow/live event/event management or similar businesses is desired but not required.
- Valid driver’s license with access to transportation to attend client meetings.
Interested applicants may submit their resumes by email to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
GES is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please advise us as soon as possible by email or by calling 905-283-0567.