Responsible for maintaining the effective and profitable daily operation of the New and/or Pre-Owned departments with a focus on all aspects of customer interaction, the sales process, negotiating transactions, and customer follow-up. The Floor Manager also motivates and coaches the sales team towards unit and CEI target attainment.
- Ensure that customers are provided with an unmatched ownership experience at all times. Maintain active involvement in all sales inquiries
- Ensure that the showroom and lot are neat and appropriately display inventory.
- Build ongoing relationships with the customer base, resolving any issues as they may arise. Make management customer callbacks to ensure the highest possible closing ratio for the store
- Create ongoing training for Sales Consultants with emphasis on selling skills and product knowledge
- Consult daily with sales staff, assist in organizing appointments, and vehicle deliveries
- Assist the GSM in implementing sales and marketing plans as well as analyze CSI and identify any trends
- Calculate and compile sales department monthly reports
- Post secondary diploma/degree in business administration, automotive marketing or retailing, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an automotive sales role
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a management role
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team and drive results
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and relationship-building skills
- Desire to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Formal training in vehicle appraisal is an asset
- Broad product knowledge base including off-makes
- Computer Skills - MS Office (intermediate), ADP, One-Eighty, VAX, Outlook
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Valid driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.