Thomas Solutions is looking for an AZ Driver
Where: 70 Beach Road, Hamilton, Ontario
We are expanding and are seeking an AZ driver to join our Team!
AZ Driver with Heavy Equipment Knowledge Required:
- Operating tractor trailer equipment (Automatic or Manual) safely by adhering to all safety requirements
- Perform inspections of mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment of tractor trailer unit before, during, and after trips, including gauges, lighting and electrical systems, and visual checks of potential water, oil, fuel and air leaks
- Connect and disconnect semi-trailer hoses
- Completing all applicable paperwork. Maintain up-to-date Driver Log throughout the duration of each shift.
- Responsible for communicating with Dispatch.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
- Be able to perform physical work at times (lifting in excess of 50lbs)
- Observing and complying with rules and regulations of the Ministry of Transportation and the Highway Traffic Act
- Valid A/Z driver’s license
- Verifiable tractor trailer driving experience
- No driving related criminal code convictions in the previous 36 months
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent safety and compliance record
- Must have excellent driving skills
- Flexibility to accommodate different start times
- Ability to operate other heavy/large equipment as required
- Willing to learn other functions as it pertains to Heavy equipment
- High school graduation diploma or G.E.D. certificate required
- Competitive Wages
- Benefits, including: Health & Dental
- Criminal Background check
When applying, please include with your resume your CVOR and Driver's Abstract.
Job Type: Full-time