- Work at and operate the block machine - placing wooden blocks on trays and taking of blocks from trays while filling of rooms
- Monitoring working of block machine and repenting any problems to the supervisor or maintenance department immediately
- Assist with set-up of rooms. Rh boxes and probes
- Occasionally cleaning and washing of casing and spawn line
- Assist in general housekeeping of farm areas; wash floors, wash rooms, walls, hallways, machines, etc.
- Adhere to all health, safety and hygiene practices in accordance with Company rules and regulations.
- Watering onto mushrooms trays by using water tree
- Filling of chlorine in dipping tank
- Set up of blocks for room filling
- Operate the CL2 water pumps for watering of rooms
- Seal the doors for steaming rooms
- Super clean of rooms and drain cleaning of hall ways and rooms
- Other general duties as assigned
- Able to communicate in English - Speak and Read
- Must be able to work independently
- Physically fit: lifting up to 40 lbs, stretching, bending, reaching, twisting, standing for extended periods, etc.
- Comfortable working in farm environment (around moving machinery, noise, compost smells, dust, damp/wet environment).
- Safety conscious; must be able to follow all prescribed safety policies and wear all personal protective equipment required for the job.
- Own transportation required - no public transit in area.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO ESTABLISH A TOTAL DEFINITION OF THE JOB, BUT AN OUTLINE OF THE MAIN DUTIES
Monaghan Mushrooms welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Salary: $14.00 /hour