We are currently looking for a an Automation Technician to work closely with our technical team, learning the efficient and safe operation of plastic injection molding machines and robotic work cells. Duties will include; Troubleshoot, Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery including all auxiliary and facility equipment. You will be required to trouble-shooting, diagnosing, and conducting repairs as necessary.
Key Responsibilities – Essential Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be a team player capable of working methodically to deadlines in a fast paced production and engineering environment with minimum supervision
- Performs routine preventive maintenance and emergency mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical maintenance on production systems and equipment, using knowledge of circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, motors, wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
- Trouble shoots, repairs, aligns, calibrates, inspects, and tests a variety of production systems and equipment.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Study prints or manufacturers’ manuals to determine correct installation or operation of machinery.
- Track and report all exceptions and changes to tool and equipment design to ensure changes are documented.
- Assist in debug, modification or enhancement of existing tooling or production cells to support CIP and drive improvements to cycle time, yield or up-time
- Sets up assembly line equipment within established parameters.
- Assists in installing new equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
- Disassembles machines and parts, adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts and materials.
- Uses a variety of basic hand and power tools and equipment including hand drill, bench grinder and band saw.
- Instructs assemblers on proper use of equipment.
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Cleans and lubricates parts and equipment as scheduled.
- Orders replacement parts.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Full-time opportunity, you will be required to work rotating 12-hour shifts both days and nights
We are located in Dundas, Ontario (Highway 5 & 6) – local to the Hamilton and Burlington areas.
*Note Adventec is not bus accessible*