We are currently seeking a Accountant, Portfolio Operations to join our Portfolio Operations team. In this role, the successful candidate is primarily responsible maintaining and creating the department budget and commission management for multiple Investment management teams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work directly with VP of Portfolio operations to maintain, create and report on departmental budget
- Liaise with accounts payable to ensure timely allocation of payments
- Work directly with Investment management to maintain, create and report on commission management
- Daily reconciliation of commission generated
- Distribution and tracking of vendor payments
- Work to build commission aggregation tool with third party vendor
- Performing other related duties as necessary and assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelors' degree Accounting/Math
- Accounting designation, CA, CMA, CPA
- Knowledge of global regulation as it pertains to soft dollars
- Good reconciliation, analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Aptitude for navigating various enterprise reporting systems
- Knowledge of investment management
- Excellent communication and listening skills to understand business needs and translate those needs into workable solutions
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong logic and analytical skills to clearly identify key issues
- Effective time-management and ability learn, prioritize, and execute quickly
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Collaborative and friendly team environment
- Opportunities to develop and grow within the company
- Health and Wellness programs including discounted corporate fitness membership and nutritional seminars
- Modern, conveniently-located facilities
- Community involvement including OneWalk to Conquer Cancer, Bay Street Hoops and more.
If you are a passionate, committed and dynamic individual, please submit your resume in confidence by clicking "Apply".
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates ("CI") are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, or require this posting in an additional format, please contact us at email@example.com, or call 416-364-1145 ext. 4747. If you are contacted by CI regarding a job opportunity or testing and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please use the above contact information. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.