Scotiabank’s Digital Banking Organization has a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by reimagining the customer experience, fostering innovation to deliver new digital value propositions and enabling our teams to drive significant changes across the organization and for our customers.
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
About the Customer Advocate
The Customer Advocate is a champion of a customer-obsessed culture, responsible for curating customer data from various sources to create a holistic picture of our customers’ experience with our online & mobile banking products, and helping to get the voice of the customer into the hands of software development teams.
What will you do in this role?
- Assist in the development of a customer-obsessed culture by:
- Aggregating and curating all customer data (qualitative & quantitative) inputs from user listening platforms such as NPS, App Store reviews, design research, issue logs and competitive benchmarking to formulate key customer insights, identify high frequency root causes and support actionable plans to increase customer happiness
- Partner with internal culture & communications teams to develop powerful artifacts and programs that push the voice of the customer to the forefront of the day-to-day Digital Banking employee experience
- Supporting online & mobile customer issue resolutions raised through various Scotiabank customer voice vehicles, such as the Office of the President and the Customer Contact Centre
- Manage Net Promoter System (NPS) process for online & mobile banking products by:
- Acting as NPS “Quarterback” reviewing high priority customer feedback and instigating action as necessary
- Contributing to survey content
- Leading customer call backs for the Digital Banking group in Canada
- Leading NPS huddles with key internal partners and documenting key discussion points/action items.
- Acting as an NPS subject matter expert for Digital Banking Canada, providing insight and feedback to Digital teams and partners as required.
- Investigating and identifying reasons for trend variances in NPS reported results.
- Support the continuous improvement of our customer advocacy discipline within Digital Banking by:
- Gathering market information from a range of sources on an ongoing basis to inform the evolution of our customer advocacy strategy
- Partner with design strategists to understand macro-level trends related to customer feedback best practices
Is this role right for you?
- You’re hungry to learn all about best-in-class customer experience practices and finding ways to apply them at Scotiabank
- You’re an authentic, decisive, resilient, highly-collaborative and results-oriented self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
- You possess a demonstrated knowledge of digital and self-service banking products and services, including non-traditional competitive practices
- You bring empathy and an un-biased viewpoint to all aspects of your work
- You’re a natural storyteller with the ability to craft and communicate compelling stories that add clarity and inspire passion in our mission
- You are comfortable working independently and as a contributing member of a team
- You’re always willing to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- You’re passionate about changing the way people bank and willing to live in the future and build what’s missing
- You are open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have excellent analytical, logical, and organizational skills, with a proven ability to understand and interpret the relationship between various data sources and activities, investigate root causes, draw conclusions and provide actionable recommendations and insights
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, social sciences and/or data and research
- 2-5 years working experience in related positions
- You have a background in customer experience/customer experience insight tools/satisfaction surveys
- It would be cool if you had an understanding of customer journey mapping processes
- It would also be cool if you are proficient in Spanish
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of banking, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We are hiring for a variety of high impact technical roles (design/agile/full stack/systems). If you are curious but aren’t sure this role is right for you, please contact us anyway - we’re moving fast and looking for the best and brightest to take us to the next level.
Partnering closely with our new innovation hub, Digital Factory, you can learn more about the Factory below:
- We are growing fast and looking for team members to help us build an industry leading fintech innovation hub
- We invite and encourage collaboration with a broad range of industry disruptors and innovators
- We have the stability and resources of Scotiabank, a multinational financial institution, as well as a world class team of designers and engineers with the energy and talent of a leading startup
As Canada’s international bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. Scotiabankers hail from over 120 countries, speak more than 100 languages and serve over 23 million customers globally. As a highly diverse company, we know that an inclusive environment for employees and customers helps everyone achieve their best. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience.