Reporting to the Mining Shop Supervisor, the unionized position consists in the reconditioning and remanufacturing of major components of mining equipment at the shop, and providing support to field technicians at our customer sites.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:00pm. Overtime as required
- Disassemble, inspect and assemble major components on mining equipment
- Investigate and resolve reported technical problems with equipment
- Provide detailed reports to the reliability department.
- Inspect and measure of piece parts for reusability
- Ensure components, material and/or equipment is inspected, and corrected to specifications within established standard production time
- Maintain and care for tools and equipment
- Document all technical data and status reports of all assigned jobs including maintaining accurate working records for labour and time sheets, and write detailed inspection reports
- Prepare New and used equipment, PDI of machines and equipment as required
- Warranty upgrades and general repair
- Provide positive contributions to Health & Safety in the workplace
- Other duties as requested and required
- Must have Alberta Heavy Equipment Journeyman designation, Red Seal is desirable
- Must have powertrains experience
- Must have experience working with heavy equipment, and mining trucks
- Must be a dynamic team player with a positive attitude, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of A/C Drive systems, and hydraulics systems is preferred
- Demonstrated ability for diagnostic to understand failures and disassembly of components
- Ability to communicate well in English verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships (internally and externally)
- Sense of urgency and demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook and Word required
- Demonstrated commitment to and ability to maintain Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S ) standards
- Valid driver’s license
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are committed to maintain a long-term relationship with our employees. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1st day, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match.
All Liebherr Canada positions:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills
Upon request, accommodations in the recruitment process will be provided for job applicants with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in Liebherr Canada. Candidate applications are reviewed by the Recruiter responsible for the vacancy. Only those candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted.