Responsible for the disassembly, cleaning, sanitizing, visual inspections, documentation and reassembly of bakery processing equipment.
- Strictly follows Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP) to ensure the thorough and adequate cleaning of food processing equipment.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment using company-approved chemicals and tools, and protects all electrical panels and other sensitive equipment from water damage.
- Removes equipment in an organized manner to ensure both proper and efficient cleaning, and reconciliation of parts.
- Takes ownership of SSOP checklist to verify, by conducting a close visual inspection of sanitized equipment, that cleaning performed is to the standards expected, prior to hand-over to production team.
- Documents all cleaning tasks performed and ensures documentation is organized and filed appropriately.
- Proactively performs all tasks in a food safe manner by i) reporting to the assistant commissary manager any potential problems, hazards, and broken or damaged equipment ii) highlighting improvements in cleaning practices and/or tools to the sanitation supervisor.
- Works in a safe manner by ensuring lock-out/tag-out of equipment prior to cleaning, and by following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and all other Commissary safety rules.
- Responsible for the general upkeep of the building.
- Assists in other areas of the department as needed.