Based at the Golden Hospital, the Dietitian is responsible for providing nutritional services to in-patients, out-patients and is responsible for providing out-patient services via individual appointments and group classes to patients referred to the chronic disease management program including diabetes and heart health.
The successful candidate would ideally come with the Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) qualification or be willing to work towards achieving this certification whilst in the position. The Dietitian also provides service to Durand Manor Residential Care facility in Golden and will work collaboratively as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
This position is temporary until the return of the incumbent September 2020. Days of work are Wednesdays and Thursdays.
We are looking for a confident and capable team player who has the ability to work independently and take initiative. Golden and District Hospital offers a positive and welcoming environment where health care staff are very supportive of one another. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. If you are passionate about the work you do and are looking for a rewarding career and great work/life balance, contact us today!
• Baccalaureate degree in nutrition and dietetics.
• Successful completion of an accredited hospital based dietetic internship program.
• Registrant of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
• Two years of clinical nutrition experience in a health care environment.
• Practice specific requirements and experience in programs applicable to practice area such as: Diabetes Education and Chronic Disease Management Programs.
• Valid BC Driver’s License.