The successful candidate will be the project lead to self perform the construction of multi-unit residential projects within the GTA through working drawing preparation, permitting, procurement, construction and closeout.
· Assume leadership for project delivery from the start of working drawings, through construction and occupancy to the completion of all Tarion common element warranty issues.
· Provide support to the project Development Manager in preparing project status reports.
· Retain and manage specialty construction consultants.
· Manage building permits and ROW permits submissions and obtain the permits.
· Manage tender, award and contract preparation of trade contracts.
· Create and maintain the construction schedule and budget.
· Manage the RFI process and intervene as required.
· Manage the submittals process and intervene as required.
· Frequently review work on site for QC and schedule performance.
· Review and approve construction invoices.
· Assume responsibility for Division 1 - 16 project cost report including projected changes.
· Manage Site Instruction issuance by consultants.
· Review and approve consultant and trade contractor change orders.
· Oversee Site Reviews by consultants and the completion of deficiencies.
· Oversee the construction safety process to assure conformance with MOL regulations.
· Manage quality control and verification consultants.
· Liaise with Customer Care and provide direction as required.
· Manage and complete the Tarion Bulletin 19 process to completion.
· Share information regarding projects to avoid repetition of mistakes.
· Co-ordinate access and security with property manager upon occupancy.
· Manage the preparation of documents for registration and final closing.
· Deal with retail queries and co-ordinate base building works.
· Related post secondary degree and professional designation.
· 5-10 years on project management experience in multi-unit residential construction or high-rise construction.
· Must have completed at least 2 buildings from start to finish.
· Proficient user of Excel, Word and project scheduling software.
· Must be able to work independently
· Experience in multi unit construction