This will be removed once position has been filled
Jadaco Recreation Management values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion of all. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled) are welcome to apply. Underrepresented groups like Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
NOC: 7335 Other Small Engine and Small Equipment Repairers
Job Title: Small Equipment Repairer (Fitness Maintenance Prevention Technician)
Employer: 806040 Ontario Limited (Jadaco Recreation Management)
Location: 4496 Chesswood Drive, Toronto ON M3J 2B9
Duration: Permanent, Full-time
Hours : Monday through Saturday; 30 hours/week
Job Description: Monitor, Maintain, and perform a variety of preventative maintenance on fitness equipment. To minimize equipment down time and to maximize the members experience. A typical day would be to review and perform preventative maintenance as per schedule.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Perform weekly, monthly, quarterly, biannual, and annual preventative maintenance.
- Respond to all service requests in dedicated locations, and deliver results based on the assigned timetable for repairs Inspect and test motors to diagnose and isolate faults
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment without damage.
- Test and adjust repaired equipment for proper performance
- Complete work orders in a timely and accurate manner using ProntoForms, then submit to head office
- Advise supervisor and customers on work performed and condition of equipment through reviewing work orders
- Estimate repair costs
- Complete additional reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of a College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Or equivalent experience
- Or A combination of 1 year to 2 years of work experience in the trade and some college courses Troubleshoot, repair and maintain fitness equipment to ensure that all are working consistently
- Ability and knowledge in the use of all tools, equipment, and material used for adjustments, repairs, and replacements
- Capable of handling/moving equipment in excess of 100 lbs.
- Use of computers and common software such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage timetables and meet deadlines
- Flexible work schedule allowing for immediate responses to facilities emergencies
- Successful candidates will possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication required
- Able to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Good judgement
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own tools Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding customer needs Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
Work Site Environment:
- Confined spaces
- In/on water
How to Apply:
4496 Chesswood Drive,
Toronto ON M3J2B9
4496 Chesswood Drive,
Toronto ON M3J2B9 From 09:00 to 17:00
416-665-6400 extension 2318 From 09:00 to 17:00