Global Human Resource Centre is hiring an Assembly and Service Mechanic on behalf of our client in the Uxbridge area. This position is full-time and will become permanent for the right candidate.
We are seeking a talented mechanic to join a small but dedicated team of individuals. The job requires assembling mechanical and hydraulic parts, and occasionally fabricating small parts, using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications.
Why Work Here?
This company offers a competitive salary, performance bonuses, and future benefits package to their full-time/permanent employees.
• Read, interpret, and follow written and oral instructions, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other instructions to accurately assemble a variety of parts
• Utilize a variety of hand-held tools such as electric drills, grinders, screw drivers, wrenches, measuring and cutting tools; Utilize a variety of shop equipment such as a mill, lathe, band saw, and drill press
• Spray and brush paint onto parts
• Perform work checks to ensure quality standards are met, including bolt torque, alignment, rotation, and contamination
• Identify part defects or damages, and rework and/or repair parts according to specification changes and instructions
• Occasionally travel to customer sites in Ontario to perform routine maintenance and inspections
• Complete check lists and documents relating to assembly processes, repairs, and service work
• Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
• Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Familiarity with mobile hydraulics and low voltage electrical systems
• Able to rapidly troubleshoot problems, including in the field
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to stay focused on tasks and perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Good reading and writing skills (must be able to read instructions and fill out documents)
• Basic computer and email navigation skills
• Good manual dexterity
• Able to lift 20-50 pounds regularly
• Good vision including close, distance, colour, peripheral vision, depth perception, and focus
• Able to tolerate skin contact with motor and hydraulic fluids, grease, paint, and other chemicals
• Secondary School Diploma or GED required
• Suitable Technical training is an asset
• Minimum of 3 years of mechanical assembly experience and aptitude for continual learning
• Hands-on experience with building or repairing agricultural, construction, or similar equipment is an asset
• Valid G Class Driver’s Licence required
• Must have own transportation to work
Please submit your resume with the subject line "Assembly and Service Mechanic".
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. is committed to treating all applicants with dignity and respect, we welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.