Site: Mobile Department
City: Burlington, Hamilton, St.Catharines, Welland, Niagara Falls and area
Hours: Continental – 12 Hour Shifts
Pay Rate: $15.00 /hr.
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Patrol assigned site on foot to ensure personnel, building, and equipment security.
- Engage in duties such as conducting incident reports, investigating security breaches, identifying and responding to safety hazards, actively engaging in emergency situations which require you to contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services by enforcing rules and regulations as mandated by site policies and procedures.
- Offer support to any person in need by providing good customer service.
- Provide a security presence, such as providing direction, responding to emergency situations involving violent individuals and injuries.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Position requires traveling to sites in the GTA/Eastern and Western Ontario (Transportation will be provided via Mobile Zone Supervisor)
- Previous security experience is an asset
- Post Secondary education in a Law Enforcement/Security program from a recognized College
- Working knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Mental Health Act
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact and diplomacy
- Must possess a valid G2 Class license
- Must provide drivers abstract. No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
- All successful applicants must undergo a vulnerable sector check
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- First Aid & CPR – Level C
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
- Additional courses as assigned
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Slips, Trips and Falls
- Additional courses as assigned
Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the People and Culture Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.