Monaghan Mushrooms, located at 7345 Guelph Line in Campbellville, Ontario (north of Burlington, just outside the city of Milton), is currently seeking individuals for the position of Mushroom Harvester. This is a full-time position. The Harvester will be responsible for harvesting mushrooms from beds, using several passes, and ensuring maximum quality and yield. The harvester will also harvest mushrooms according to customer specification and while following the Company's harvesting procedures.
- Position elevating lorry to appropriate height (up to six feet from ground)
- Harvest mushrooms using several passes, ensuring proper separation
- From mushroom trays, select which mushrooms to harvest and which to leave growing for maximum size, quality and yield
- Pick mushrooms by hand; ensure mushrooms are of the required size and stem length to satisfy customer requirements.
- Trim roots to correct length with knife
- Sort mushrooms for quality and size and place in appropriate container; ensure punnets are of the required weight
- Keep work area clean, tidy and free from loose mushrooms at all times.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Physically fit; capable of crouching, reaching, stretching, bending and standing for long periods comfortably; ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Excellent manual dexterity; must be able to pick mushrooms without bruising
- Safety conscious; ability to follow Health, Safety and Hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations
Monaghan Mushrooms welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour