Reports to: Area Manager/Senior Farm Supervisor
Responsible for : Farm Worker Team
Responsible for efficient hygienic and safe management of small team of Farm Workers fulfilling their responsibilities in line with Company Operating Procedures and Practices.
Rate: $36,771 annually, bonus eligible Full time, 39 hours per week
- Commence work each morning 15-30 minutes before official start time, to set up for arrival of team.
- Meet team and brief on work to be done for the day, and discuss issues with previous day's work.
- Check equipment set up and ensure it is set up correctly/safely and in line with Company policies and procedures
- Monitor performance and make suggestions for improvement; report issues to the Area Manager/Senior Farm Supervisor
- On completion of day, ensure area is swept, clean and equipment and tools are stored safely.
- Inspect area at end of shift and ensure area is correctly set up for next morning.
- Ensure Farm Workers follow Company procedures and standards of practice.
- Ensure Farm Workers adhere to health, safety and hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations
- Be first point of contact for employee concerns
- Other associated duties
- Previous mushroom farm work experience or similar industry
- Command of English language. Ability to speak another language an asset. Excellent communication skills.
- Awareness of company policies and procedures; knowledge of hygiene/HACCP practices, knowledge of health and safety rules and regulations
- Previous supervisory experience highly desirable; able to effectively supervise employees.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts including weekend, evenings and nights.
* THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTEND TO ESTABLISH A TOTAL DEFINITION OF THE JOB, BUT AN OUTLINE OF THE MAIN DUTIES
Monaghan Mushrooms welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.