Responsible for efficient, hygienic and safe management of work area including completion of work processes in line with Company Operating Procedures and Practices Responsible for motivating and managing Supervisors and Workers to optimize process efficiency and organising work schedules in line with Business requirements.
Rate: $45,175.80 annually, bonus eligible.
- Meet Supervisors and staff and brief on work to be done for the day, and discuss issues with previous day's work.
- Complete farm walk/inspection at the beginning of each day
- Monitor performance and make suggestions for improvement; report issues to the Area Manager
- Inspect area at end of shift and ensure area is correctly set up for next morning.
- Communicate effectively with the supervisors and team to ensure they are fully briefed on relevant issues, and be first point of contact for employee grievances.
- Motivate employees and supervisors
- Ensure Supervisors and Farm Workers follow Company procedures and standards of practice, and carry out disciplinary action where required.
- Conduct weekly meetings with supervisors to discuss efficiencies and KPI’s and make recommendations for improvement.
- Roster Farm Workers
- Report any maintenance requirements to Area Manager
- Maintain records as required
- Monitor team attendance and conduct back to work interviews carrying out disciplinary action where required.
- Address any areas of worker underperformance in compliance with Company procedures
- Ensure Farm Workers adhere to health, safety and hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations.
- Willing to participate as a Joint Health & Safety member
- Conduct performance appraisals of direct reports
- Ensure all SOP’s are current and fully implemented
- Maintain department records as required
- Other associated duties
- Previous experience working in a similar role on a similar industry
- Command of English language. Ability to speak another language an asset
- Awareness of company policies and procedures; knowledge of hygiene/HACCP practices, knowledge of health and safety rules and regulations.
- High degree of organizational skills
- Ability to manage and motivate several teams of employees
- Have a sound an proven ability to trouble shoot issues as they arise
- Previous supervisory experience would be beneficial; able to effectively manage and motivate employees
- Flexibility to work varying shifts including weekend, evenings and nights.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO ESTABLISH A TOTAL DEFINITION OF THE JOB, BUT AN OUTLINE OF THE MAIN DUTIES
Monaghan Mushrooms welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.