FirstOnSite Restoration has an immediate opening for a Carpenter in our Dorval branch.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry and to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mold, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The Carpenter works under the general direction of the Construction Manager to plan and organize the assignments of a project in order to meet the gross Profit and timeline goals. The Carpenter oversees Carpenter Apprentices and Laborers assigned to them ensuring that the quality standards of the company are being met.
- Demonstrates skill in the safe operation of shop tools such as table saw, radial arm saw, power planer, power shaper, router, wood lathe, airless paint sprayer, large belt sander, band saw, hand saw and electric drill.
- Follows all company health and safety policies and procedures and ensures that they are respected by all personnel and sub-contractors.
- Strives to continually improve through specific development plans.
- Accepts direction from the Lead Carpenter.
- Practices good housekeeping discipline on the job to ensure a safe, non-cluttered workplace and to minimize cross contamination.
- Adheres to company policy and standards at customer sites.
- Displays good manners and attitude toward the property owner, occupants of the property, co-workers, and sub-contractors.
- Willing and able to work on-call for after hour’s emergency work.
- Being bilingual
- Valid G driver's license with a clean driving record.
Why choose to be part of the FirstOnSite team?
- Exceptional extended health plan including medical, dental and vision.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Educational assistance, professional development, and internal growth opportunities
- Opportunity for National career movement
- Healthy work/life balance