Operations/Warehouse Supervisor - Calgary
As Canada's leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES CANADA is committed to service excellence and the highest standards attainable.
This position is responsible for proactively coordinating and developing all operational aspects of show-site and warehouse operations. Leading a team of warehouse and show-site staff to deliver the highest level of hassle‐free customer service in the most efficient manner possible. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
- Direct and Manage all GES warehouse, transportation, and on-site operational objectives through the development, implementation, and monitoring of all safety documentation and site metrics.
- Manage Client/Employee relationships with Facilities, Show Management, Exhibitors and Event Organizers.
- Development of, and succession planning for all warehouse, transportation, and operations employees in the Calgary Branch in the Canadian Division.
- Actively assist the Account Management Team at a strategic level to ensure the best cost-to-service measures are in place.
- Manage operating costs within assigned operating divisions. Assist in identifying opportunities to increase profits and improve service performance.
- Build division capacity through identifying key staffing and competency needs.
- Build an organizational climate that promotes collaboration, teamwork and commitment to our goal.
- Lead and participate in Company-wide initiatives as needed.
- Fully implement, monitor and document all GES Operational Standard Operating Procedures related to warehouse, transportation, and on-site operations.
- Key active participant in Branch and Area Risk Management targets and ensures full compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and various regulatory agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid P&L and operations experience with demonstrated success in managing cost and improving bottom‐line profitability.
- Strong operations and warehousing focus and a proven track record of successfully managing cost containment.
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible, successful experience in operational and/or warehousing management.
- Strong leadership capacity with successful experience building an organization and strengthening that organization’s capacity to grow and adapt.
- Strong customer service focus with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Outlook.
- Motor Vehicle license
- Experience in the trade show industry is considered an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours, evenings, overtime and weekends as required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Interested candidates may submit their resumes by email by November 18, 2019. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.