Operations Lead – Calgary
As Canada’s leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES CANADA is committed to service excellence and the highest standards available.
This position is responsible for proactively coordinating and developing all operational aspects of show-site operations with support from the Operations Supervisors. Deliver the highest level of hassle‐free customer service in the most efficient manner possible. This position reports to the Operations/Warehouse Supervisor.
- Manage assigned show to ensure direct costs are at or below plan with support of the Operations Supervisors.
- Ensure proper care of equipment and its proper organized storage.
- Able to successfully install and dismantle shows of various sizes whether working alone or while supervising crew as required.
- Assist in developing plans for assigned show portfolio to exceed planned labour and show margins.
- Exceed client's expectations on service delivery levels.
- Provide leadership of the assigned operational show team for the purpose of developing Productivity Improvement Plans, Service Plans, and the clear documentation of process improvement opportunities.
- Implement GES Standard Operating Procedures on the Show Floor.
- Maintain the highest level of Safety Standards to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure damage and loss reports are documented in adherence with company practices.
- Coordinate GES operations activities with the Account Management team and facility representatives as needed.
- Review all staffing plans on assigned shows with Operations Supervisors to ensure they are in alignment with the show budget and service requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Outlook
- Motor Vehicle license
- Forklift certification an asset (will train)
- Able to lift up to fifty (50)
- Strong customer service focus with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, reliable, team player
- Experience in the trade show industry considered an asset
- Able to work flexible hours, evenings, overtime and weekends as required
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Interested candidates may submit their resumes by email by November 18, 2019. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.