Moffatt Scrap Iron & Metal Inc. offers full metal recycling solutions. Our mission is to be the most trusted source for metal recycling, in an environmentally friendly manner that stands above the rest. Our dedicated team of employees provide the foundation that defines us. We have been in business since 1984 and are proud to be an active member of our local community.
If you love working in an action packed yet stable and friendly environment with a highly competitive compensation package that is an easy commute from Hamilton, Milton, and the surrounding area, then you need to act quickly to join our team!
- Highly competitive compensation package with bonus opportunities
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Employer matched RRSP program
- Easy commute from GTA (Milton, Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, Mississauga) and surrounding area
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the second point of contact with customers (over the phone and in person), this role is responsible for ensuring positive customer relations by answering questions, providing directions, and making an effort to enhance customer experiences
- Enter and update new customer information
- Update customer pricing, weights, etc., process sales/purchases, to match paperwork received
- Responsible for weighing in and out all scale traffic, verifying scale tickets, ensuring material is graded and paid, maintaining strong customer relationships
- Responsible for signing off on scale tickets prior to distributing to buyers (deductions, account name, grading, vehicle identification, weight)
- Maintain and track scrap vehicle ownership, completing documentation for Ministry pickup
- Enter purchases and sales into QuickBooks (QB) and match QB cheques with invoices
- Distribute monthly price sheets when sent out by the buyer
- Invoice customers for other items such as freight, waste, reclaim, reloads, etc.
- Provide administrative support for Operations Manager, General Manager, and President
- Coordinate and assist Buyers with weekly customer payouts and purchases
- Responsible for the clothing and uniform programs
- Provide back-up/ support to the Logistics Coordinator when necessary
- Responsible for working with the yard staff, Management and Sales Department to ensure customer/client material is graded and paid out accordingly
- Mail and bank pickup and deliveries as needed
- Other duties as required
- 2+ years experience in an administrative role
- Basic knowledge of accounting/finance required, including debits and credits
- Customer service experience
- Experience in a similar role preferred
- Superior organizational skills
- Team player
Core hours of work are Monday to Friday (8:00am to 5:00pm), with rotating Saturdays 7:00am to 12:00pm, although it may be necessary to work outside of those hours.
Moffatt is committed to being inclusive in the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate as such on your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent