Cargill is a large and reputable food company with operations around the world. Cargill Value Added Protein operates a hatchery in Jarvis, Ontario. The hatchery has approximately 70 employees and, on average, produces 150,000 chicks per day.
To prepare chicks for delivery. Achieved by conducting servicing requirements as well as production related sanitation procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Servicing Chicks 75% :
- Humane handling of baby chicks from start to finish servicing
- Conducts general health, quality, gender determination and count accuracy of chicks
- Informs lead hand and supervisor of any deviation of standard
- Ensures orders are prepared to set out specifications
Sanitation 20% :
- washes trays and dollies in the Tray Wash room
- sweeps and disposes of egg shell residue
- use of sanitizers, garden hoses and pressure hoses
- Wears and maintains personal protective equipment
- Maintains total awareness of and ensures compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and Company Health & Safety policies and identify procedural and ergonomic changes to workstations
- Ensures good housekeeping practices through continued monitoring and awareness
- Ensures strict adherence to bio-security rules and regulations
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending and stooping
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work overtime., holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Works approximately 35-40 hours per week
- Intense visual concentration
- Exposure to noise, odours, fumes, wet/damp, chemicals
- Plant Experience
- Communication: oral
- •Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to read/write English.
- Able to operate machinery.
- Basic computer skills.
This permanent position is located in Jarvis, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.71 to $19.00 /hour