Cargill is a large and reputable food company with operations around the world. Cargill Value Added Protein operates a hatchery in Jarvis, Ontario. The hatchery has approximately 70 employees and, on average, produces 150,000 chicks per day.
To maintain the hatchery facility in a state of optimum cleanliness and to ensure proper egg handling requirements are followed for efficient operation.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Facility Sanitation 55%:
- Disassembles equipment in preparation for sanitization
- Washes, disinfects and/or chemically sanitizes all hatchery equipment, floors and walls through the use of high pressure washers, garden hoses and automatic wash machines
- Performs manual cleaning duties as required
- Ensures all electrical connectors and fans are properly hand dried after cleaning
- Assembles equipment for inspection prior to start up.
Egg Handling 30% :
- unloads egg trucks using pallet truck (24 x 21kg boxes per)
- counts during unload to ensure number received is correct
- unloads fibres from boxes and place eggs on plastic trays
- loads egg dollies, while keeping track of source flock
- moves dollies to holding room
- maintains care in all egg handling procedures to ensure optimum sanitation and subsequent hatch results.
- wears and maintains personal protective equipment
- maintains total awareness of and ensures compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and Company Health & Safety policies
- participates in safety audits, regular safety meetings and observational tours
- identifies procedural and ergonomic changes to workstations
- identifies faulty or broken equipment to Maintenance Supervisor
- ensures good housekeeping practices through continued monitoring and awareness
- ensures strict adherence to bio-security rules and regulations
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves and shoveling
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Must be able to read/write English
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
- Able to work up to 40 hours per week
- Ability to work in temperature control environment from (60 to 90 degrees F)
- Able to work in environment exposed to noise, odours, fumes, wet/damp, chemicals
- some lifting, carrying (max. weight 21 kg)
- Able to work flexible working hours between 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Able to work in elevated areas
- Good communication
- Attention to detail
This full time position is located in Jarvis, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.20 /hour