Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
This position will be based out of our Winnipeg Branch. In this role you will manage, plan, direct and administer policies and goals for our regional offices regarding profitability, performance, work competency and growth for the Glazing department.
**A relocation package will be included if the chosen candidate is located out of province. **
Responsibilities of the Glazing Division Manager include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers; assist the glazing team in expanding the Glazing business
- Attend conventions, conferences and seminars related to the glazing industry
- Entertain at least one customer per week through lunches, golf and hockey games.
- Complete and/or review quotes and tenders for maintenance, repairs & mechanical upgrades as well as tenders for new construction and replacements
- Create Work Orders for maintenance, repairs, new installations and glazing replacements
- Review bid sheet weekly to establish work load and fluctuations
- Review and update the production schedule with Superintendent and Service Manager
- Review and discuss safety audits with Superintendent and Foremen
- Review purchasing practices and suppliers with purchaser
- Conduct bi-weekly staff meetings to discuss, schedules staffing and general day to day items
- Field calls from customers unsatisfied with either our service or schedule
- Review customer invoices and payable invoices
- Review weekly labour summaries
- Review monthly work on hand with superintendent and service manager for jobs ready for invoicing
- Develop and maintain employee files containing personal and all work related information
- Review monthly “Gross Profit Analysis” and make cost adjustments on active jobs.
- Review monthly “Job Costs” in conjunction with the Gross Profit Analysis
- Produce an annual budget for sales and overheads, which predicts staff and equipment acquisitions.
- Produce monthly an estimated sales forecast with estimated gross profit
- Review on an ongoing basis the aged accounts receivables
- Field daily questions from staff, pertaining to problems with jobs and customers
- Involvement in branch construction projects
- Review all requests for purchasing of tools, equipment and office supplies
- Review monthly “Sales Recap Reports” issued from head office.
- Maintain a departmental sales chart from the invoiced sales summary
- Review and approve/deny all requests for status changes and pay increases of all field staff
- Responsible for all department staff including, hiring, terminating, goal setting and performance reviews
Skills/Qualifications of the Glazing Division Manager include:
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in unitized curtain wall / glazing systems required
- Education in a civil engineering / building science program or a related educational field is preferred
- Proficiency in MS office package, including MS Project
- Strong communication, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines
- Superior interpersonal and problem resolution skills
- Entrepreneurial business orientation and a demonstrated achievement in bottom-line results
- Knowledge of safety compliance regulations and commitment to a safe work environment
- Previous success in dealing with large accounts, understanding client business objectives, and developing new business
- The ability to lead and motivate groups and individuals
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com