Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
This position will be based out of our Winnipeg Branch. In this role you will manage, plan, direct and administer policies and goals for our regional offices regarding profitability, performance, work competency and growth for the Glazing department.
**A relocation package will be included if the chosen candidate is located out of province. **
Responsibilities of the Glazing Construction Manager include:
- Manage and monitor daily construction activities, planning and resources
- Provide technical advice and troubleshooting for construction, design and operational issues
- Interface between various subcontractors
- Actively manage risk mitigation and keep senior management informed of issues
- Ensure project and department costs are tracked and compared to budgets
- Responsible for administering and managing glazing project budgets, staff supervision, schedules and development
- Ensuring projects are delivered safely, efficiently and on budget in compliance with policies, regulations, licenses and plans
- Assign project teams and ensure schedules are sound and maintained
- Ensure safety policies and processes are being adopted and enforced
- Report on project status and profitability
- Maintain good relationships with owners, contractors and all internal and external customers
- Liaise with internal departments on multi-scope jobs
Skills/Qualifications of the Glazing Construction Manager include:
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in unitized curtain wall / glazing systems required
- Education in a civil engineering / building science program or a related educational field is preferred
- Proficiency in MS office package, including MS Project
- Strong communication, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines
- Superior interpersonal and problem resolution skills
- Entrepreneurial business orientation and a demonstrated achievement in bottom-line results
- Knowledge of safety compliance regulations and commitment to a safe work environment
- Previous success in dealing with large accounts, understanding client business objectives, and developing new business
- The ability to lead and motivate groups and individuals
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com