Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. is a Northern owned and operated company located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Our mission is to provide the best quality service for the best value to our clients.
Due to our continually expanding business, we currently have an opening in Yellowknife for a full-time: Stonhard Operations Foreman
Job summary: Stonhard is the Canadian leader in industrial/commercial flooring & construction product markets. We are seeking a motivated, self-starter that wants an opportunity to build a strong rewarding career with Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. You will oversee and implement coating projects from estimating through to conclusion. The ideal candidate has proven leadership and experience to develop detailed project plans while working closely with and guiding our crews to succeed. Experience in coating applications will be considered an asset. However, we are willing to train the right candidate who is hard working, has a good work ethic and is a quick learner. Integrity must be maintained throughout each project. You must be able to successfully obtain high level security and medical clearances.
Duties (including but not limited to):
• Define the project objectives, safety, budget and ensure quality is maintained.
• Plan, manage, lead, execute, and finalize projects including the estimation and design, operate within strict deadlines and budget, in accordance to contract documents.
• Develop, drive and control the overall schedule efficiently with the project team, while meeting timely milestones.
• Strategize, oversee and document all aspects of this fast-paced environment to ensure the scope and direction of each project is on task.
• Put your problem-solving skills to work and recommend innovative methods that will increase effectiveness and efficiency to ensure project excellence and productivity.
• Manage, communicate and facilitate changes in scope, schedule and costs including any change order requirements.
• Develop and submit a Schedule of Values (SOV) for progress invoicing on projects.
• Facilitate and discuss job status reports, identify action items and complete follow-up.
• Flexibility to assist and collaborate with other areas or departments within the company where needed.
• Provide leadership through encouragement and support to all team members.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients by evaluating needs or promoting products and services.
• Maintain awareness of product inventory, features and technical specifications to answer specific customer questions.
• Must demonstrate leadership and problem-solving skills to support your collaborative approach to delivering results.
• Must perform with the team to accomplish goals while developing good working relationships with trades.
• Competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
• Build a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members to effect competitive excellence, pride in teamwork and outstanding project delivery.
• Capacity to develop customer base through strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Sales and construction experience will be an asset.
Must reside in Yellowknife, NT or be willing to re-locate.
Job Safety is #1 - Kasteel is COR certified and we follow a comprehensive safety program to reduce risk and maximize performance. All employees are required to complete orientations to become accustomed with the site safety culture, specific hazards and detailed safety plans. Commitment to safety compliance must be 100%.
Kasteel believes in treating employees with dignity and respect, we offer a competitive wage plus a benefit plan while allowing you to grow with our company. Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: email@example.com. We truly appreciate all applications and thank you for considering Kasteel Construction and Coatings.