Job Summery: Harvest mushrooms from beds, using several passes, ensuring maximum quality and yield. Harvest and package mushrooms to the customer specification and following Company's harvesting procedures.
- Harvest mushrooms using several passes , ensuring proper separation.
- .From mushroom trays, select which mushrooms to harvest and which to leave growing for maximum size, quality and yield.
- Pick mushrooms by hand; ensure mushrooms are of the required size and stem length to satisfy customer requirements.
- Trim roots to correct length with knife.
- Sort mushrooms fir quality and size and place in appropriate container.
- Inspect, weigh, prepare and package mushrooms according to specification for sale.
- Keep work area clean, tidy and free from loose mushrooms at all times.
- Physically fit; capable of crouching, reaching, stretching, bending and standing for long periods comfortably; ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work quickly while paying attention to quality/details.
- Safety conscious; ability to follow Health, Safety and Hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations.
This description is not intended to establish a total definition of the job, but an outline of the main duties.
Monaghan Mushrooms welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.