Sales Executive - Edmonton
As Canada’s leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES - Global Experience Specialists is committed to service excellence and the highest standards attainable.
We are currently seeking a Sales Executive to work from our Edmonton Office. The ideal candidate will take a leading role in developing the business for GES Edmonton, as well as service and maintain existing clients. You will be responsible for ensuring the overall success, execution and profitability of a sold project.
- Prospect (solicit/cold call), develop and maintain accounts in order to achieve assigned sales goals.
- Identify, qualify and pursue sales lead opportunities obtained from a variety of sources.
- Build and maintain relationships with event organizers, facilities and related suppliers.
- Prepare, submit and present proposals detailing GES services in order to secure new business. Follow up with new/prospective clients and negotiate pricing and contractual terms and conditions.
- Prepare, submit and negotiate renewal proposals with existing GES customers.
- Attend industry events in order to develop/maintain relationships with prospects, clients, key facility contacts and industry suppliers to stay abreast of industry needs and trends.
- Develop and maintain healthy working relationships with management, sales, and event services representatives of convention centers and local convention hotels.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position under the direction of the Manager.
- Above average analytical skills with the ability to understand and create financial documents.
- Comfortable in social and networking environments in order to interact with prospects and clients.
- Resourceful in gathering account historical information and knowledge.
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude and present a professional image and conduct.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Salesforce.com an asset.
- Superior time management skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written
- Excellent presentation skills, highly detail oriented
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years sales or industry experience
- Knowledge of shows, facilities and the convention/trade show exhibition industry strongly preferred
Interested candidates may submit their resumes by email or by fax to (905) 283-0551 before October 20, 2017. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.