Title: Tool Crib Attendant
Reporting to: CNC & Screw Shop Supervisor
The immediate requirements facing the successful candidate are to develop a comprehensive understanding of all cutting and measuring tools, set-up of the cutting tools, maintain inventory of the required tools. The ideal candidate will be a team player that can work in a high-pressure environment. Performance will be measured by ensuring tool-setups on a timely manner and meeting quality demands. Opportunities for advancement and growth could be to set-up operator, CNC setter, leadhand then management.
- Ensure that all tools are set-up to the required quality standards in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all production tooling and shop supply components in the tool crib are within minimum and maximum control levels.
- Creates requisitions for purchasing as required.
- Complete paperwork, Data entry on the computer and maintain logs as required.
- Notifies departmental supervisor of discrepancies.
- Makes requisitions for modifying and re-sharpening tooling as required.
- Ensure that production tooling and components are signed in and out on a daily basis.
- Deburr parts, conduct second operations, clean, sort or package parts as required.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
- Cooperate with co-workers and is committed to continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must abide by all Health and Safety Rules and have demonstrated commitment to good housekeeping/organizational practices.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of the work environment; this includes active participation in company committees, project teams and relevant job training.
- Commit to your self-development goals as discussed with your Supervisor.
- Be mechanically inclined
- Have experience with computers
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of inspection measuring equipment
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail due to tooling requirements
- Desired To Have:
- Capacity to learn
- Some experience with cutting tools, set-up sheets, second operations in a screw machine shop
Aspects of position:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Potential for advancement
- Skills advancement
- Team environment
- High pressure environment
- Noisy environment
- Possible shift work demands
- Overtime demands
Amphenol Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity you should advise Amphenol, in a timely fashion, of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.